The route has been created using real world Digital Elevation Model (DEM) terrain landscape data and the track laid to real Talyllyn profiles
so that you can now experience the skills required by the Talyllyn drivers in running the trains up and down the line. Almost all the scenery
objects have been created and textured using photo-realistic techniques taken from hundreds of digital photographs of the railway. This adds
to the realism and atmosphere of the line
• Terrain developed from real world DEM (digital elevation data) that gives a realistic feel to the Talyllyn mountains and valley.
• Accurate trackwork gradient profiles
• Custom built objects taken from the actual Talyllyn route
• Over 90% photorealistic texturing from photographing actual Talyllyn objects.
• A selection of Talyllyn locomotives and rolling stock.
• Rolling stock with opening carriage doors, interior passenger views and locomotive smoke and steam effects.
The Talyllyn Adventure 2 includes features such as :-
• A working Level Crossing at Pendre
• Re-built Pendreloco & carriage sheds to use new textures and shaders
• 3D Loco shed, BlockHouses (signal boxes) so that windows are see-thru and buildings have internal features
• Lighting in 3D buildings
• Reworked night-time textures
• The new Carriage shed at Quarry Siding - "The Guest House"
• 2 versions of no 4 - Edward Thomas & Peter Sam - rebuilt to latest loco builds
• Diesel loco no 8 - Merseysider
• Rain effects on the windows of no8 & no4
• 2 x GVT coaches
• Reworked Loco physics & Sounds (many thanks to Richard Maxted)
• Quick Drive routes & consists (again thanks to Richard Maxted)
• New scenarios including Passing Loop AI Trains (again thanks to Richard Maxted)
• All new download locos on this site are now included within the CD (up to March 2018)
The Version 2.1 adds the following enhancements:-